Poser and Daz Free Resources:About
Why a Wiki?
Considering how many forums already have lists of free 3D-art content, why create a wiki?
- Anyone can update the wiki - there's no need to wait for a list maintainer to act.
- We can add images to the descriptions.
- This wiki is not bound by the any one vendor's forum Terms of Service. We can list freebies that are hosted at all commercial sites.
- Links that the DAZ3D forums break can be posted properly here. (This only matters for people who use the DAZ3D forums.)
Of course, there are some disadvantages to a wiki.
- This is another place to visit. (This is only an issue for people who already read a particular forum to see what's new and free.)
- Anyone can maliciously update the site. (However, an admin can fix that by rolling a page back to an old version.)
- Somebody needs to run the wiki - but this doesn't have to be a single "somebody." The technical operation of this wiki is being handled by Orain.
What Should Be Presented Here
Anything that is legally free to download and use in your own 3D art should be listed here.
This includes free software, free characters/figures, free figure or face morphs, free props, free full-body, face, or hand poses, free hairdos, free light sets, free cameras, free material and texture sets, and free scenes.
What Shouldn't Be Presented Here
While we want images of the free items, we can't use the "official" images of the freebies because of copyright laws. Please make new images for this wiki.
This wiki is not bound by any vendor's Terms of Service, so we can list the "naughty bits and bytes." However, there are laws in many countries against providing images that sexualize minors - so please refrain from listing the "naughty bits and bytes" for underage characters.
Paid models should only be listed if there are free resources that need the paid models.
If a resource cannot be used in Poser or Daz Studio (or with those programs, for free software), it shouldn't be listed here.