Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
This is the list of free software that is usable with (or during) the 3D-art creation process. When we get enough entries in a particular group, we'll create a sub-page for the group, the way we have with Scripts.
3D Art Creation
Scripts now have their own page.
- Advanced Library for Poser
- CR2 Editor 1.51
- DazSculptorFree. DazSculptorFree is a add-on for freely customizingGenesis8 figures from DazStudio. The head is organized as much as possible and is devised so that it can be edited easily. Works with Blender 2.8. Required software
- DazStudio / Blender Tested environment and version ＯＳ：Windows7,Windows10 DazStudio：DazStudio4.12 (DazStudio 4.10 does not work properly) Blender：Blender 2.80
- Eye & Jaw Morph Fixer for Face Morphs
- The Eye & Jaw Morph Fixer will correct warped morphs exported from tools such as FaceGen Artist or HeadShop for Daz Studio 4.x. Tools like FaceGen Artist or HeadShop can create realistic face morphs, but they may warp the eyes, jaw, and tongue in the process. This tool will zero out the morph deltas for the eyes, jaw, and tongue, so they are no longer warped. The tool also keeps the original scale and centers of each eye. This tool is free! (Windows 32/64-bit)
- Full Body Morph Fixer
- The Full Body Morph Fixer is a morph reset tool that can reset specific parts of a morph back to its original shape. More specifically, this tool can reset specific parts of a morph, either assigned by poly group or by poly material, by zeroing out their morph vertex deltas. Now works with other types of base characters, such as animals. Made for Daz Studio 4.x.
- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter
- Geometry Stripper (Windows Application)
- pulls geometry out of a PP2 file, saves geometry as an OBJ file (or a set of OBJ files), and puts pointers to the OBJs in the PP2s.
- Windows software - batch image format converter
- MC6/MT5 to PZ2 Batch Converter
- Morph Manager 4
- NOESIS 4177
- Noesis is a tool for previewing and converting between hundreds of model, image, and animation formats. It utilizes a robust plugin system, with support for native extension modules and Python scripts. The plugin/script API features hundreds of functions and interfaces which assist in developing new formats, tools, and visualization aids. Noesis also features processing, conversion, and visualization options for many different types of volume data, including medical imaging formats such as Analyze 7.5, NifTI-1, and DICOM.
- Objaction Scaler 3c
- Objaction Scaler is a Windows tool which facilitates the transfer of .obj files between Poser and other 3D packages such as Studio Max and RDS5. Objects within Poser are much smaller than in other 3D packages, by a factor of around a thousand or so. This can lead to problems either with minuscule objects in Max and RDS5, or brobdingnagian objects in Poser. In either case bizarre results can arise when editing or manipulating the objects. The use of Objaction to either reduce or enlarge the object prior to transfer eliminates these problems.
- P3DO Explorer 2.8 free version
- Replacement library for Poser
- P3DO Organizer
- P3DO Organizer is a software for viewing and managing 3D Objects, & Digital Pictures with a simple Explorer-ish look and feel. P3DO is also a major Poser 3D library manager. P3DO stands for Photo 3D Exploration software.
- P3DO opening into Poser 11.2 fix https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/p3do-opening-into-poser-11-2-fix/83332
- POINT FACE for Windows
- Point Face for Windows an app that we stopped development on, but believe might come in handy for modelers. Point Face is an OBJect File Analyzer that will show you the following: 1) Number of Vertices, Edges, and Faces; 2). Number of Tri's and Quad's; 3) Number of Normals and Textures; and 4) List of Object, Group, and Material entries.
- PoserPorter Import Export Utility
- Windows software - content installer/exporter
- RSR to PNG Converter
- Windows software - Converts RSR images in older freebies (and other products) to PNG images so they may be previewed in the library pane. Not necessary with Poser 8 or earlier, as they convert RSR automatically when the library folder is opened.
- RTEncoderPy for Mac
- Symmetry Morph Tool
- The Symmetry Morph Tool can remove asymmetry from a Genesis character morph, by mirroring morph vertex deltas, from one side to the other. Poly groups and poly materials can be used to filter out specific vertices for mirroring. Tools, such as Daz Studio's Face Transfer, does not have any options to remove asymmetry from it face morphs, so this tool can be used to correct it. Made for Daz Studio 4.x.
- DAZ Studio 4 Auto-Fit Tool
- FBX Plug-in for DAZ Studio
- GoZ for DAZ Studio
- Prefitter_CR2 - allows any hairdo for Victoria 4 or any clothing for Victoria 4 to be worn by Adwoman, Bella, Dawn, Miki 4, Pauline, or Roxie; requires Poser 11 Pro.
- Autodesk FBX Converter
- Model format-conversion software. Converts OBJ, DXF, DAE, and 3DS to or from FBX.
- MC6/MT5 to PZ2 Batch Converter
- Model format-conversion software. Import: PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, PTX, V3D, PTS, APTS, XYZ, GTS, TRI, ASC, X3D, X3DV, VRML, ALN - Export:PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, VRML, DXF, GTS, U3D, IDTF, X3D
- Model format-conversion software. Imports Wavefront (OBJ & MTL), 3D studio (3DS), LightWave (LWO), AutoCAD (DXF), POV-Ray 3.X mesh or mesh2, VRML (WRL, GZ), and Raw Triangle (RAW); exports Wavefront (OBJ & MTL) and many formats not directly usable by Poser or Daz Studio.
- Art of Illusion
- requires Java 6 or later (Windows or Linux) or OS X 10.6 or later (Mac)
- http://artofillusion.org/ OR https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoi/
- Blender Wiki: http://wiki.blender.org/
- Design virtual models you can build with LEGO® bricks. Output in OBJ format
- Wings 3D
Content Creation: Plants
- An Ivy Generator
- http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/ or https://www.sharecg.com/v/3013/
- Tree It
- FotoSketcher is a freeware program to turn photos (or renders) to paintings (landscapes, architecture, portraits, etc.) automatically. Over 20 different styles are available from pencil sketches to watercolor or oil paintings, pen & ink drawings and cartoons. Available in 32bit and 64bit versions.
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program is a freeware image-modification program, very useful for postwork.
- MatRoomPreview OBJ Replacement
- Replace your poser 11 Mat Room Preview superfly Head with a flat plane
- https://www.sharecg.com/v/93862/ or https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/matroompreview-obj-replacement/82313&ca
- matroom project - Quick switch https://www.sharecg.com/v/93864/ or https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/quickswitch/82333
- MMX-Dark DS - A Dark user style for Daz Studio
- MMX-Dark DS is a user style for Daz Studio. Its a dark theme intended to be easier on the eyes for long term use. To install it, in windows, place it in the following location: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\user styles