Image Creation Party 2020
The wiki needs images. I'm declaring an Image Creation Party for the month of July 2020. The theme is "Get out and play - virtually!" (We've all been cooped up at home this year. It's time to have some fun!)
Here's how it works:
- Create an image for the free scenes, the free sports and games props, the free camping gear, the free sports cars, the free summer outfits, and any other freebies that gets the characters in your runtime out of the house and into the sun. (You don't have to follow the theme, but you do have to feature a freebie.)
- Upload the image that you created to the wiki.
- Add the image's name to the freebie's information box - where it says
| image =, add the file name (without the "File:" prefix) after the equals sign.
- Optionally: Come back to this page and list the freebie's page in the "Entries" section below. All images uploaded between 1 July 2020 and 31 July 2020 qualify for the party, even if they aren't listed here!
I promised gifts: On August 1, I'll pick
two three uploads at random, and whoever created and uploaded those images gets a $US25 gift certificate/card/voucher at the uploader's choice of Renderosity, DAZ3D, or Fantasies Realm.
The random factor for this choice will be supplied by RANDOM.ORG. This is not a contest.
Copied from the "Page Needing Image" category:
- Please remember the guidelines we have in place so we don't end up in court:
- Make a new image; don't steal the official one or anyone else's work. (There's no problem with you re-using your own work, of course, but remember this wiki offers its content with a CC-BY/SA license by default. Also, if the resource creator gives permission to re-use an image, it's okay to re-use it as long as you link back to that permission on the image file page; see File:Lehair.jpg for an example of how to do this.)
- No nudity.
- No sexualization of minors.
For this party, please do not copy the official image even if it's permitted. This party is for new images.
I'll add answers as I get questions.
- How big should the image be?
- I usually make images 500 pixels wide and as tall as they need to be. (A render of a full-body stocking will probably be taller than a render of a pair of earrings, so there's no limit on an image's height.) The information box will scale the image to 250 pixels wide, but the larger image shows more detail. While it's possible to make a file that's larger than 20,000 pixels wide and 12,000 pixels tall, that's too large for most monitors; the effective practical maximum is somewhere near 2000 pixels wide.
- What format should I use?
- We use both PNG and JPG - either is good. If you want to show an animation (for example, a dynamic wardrobe item moving to match an animated pose), GIF is the only option.
- Can I use a morphed V4?
- Sure, why not? Young or old; fat or thin; tall or short; black, white, olive, swarthy, or some other skin colour; human or not - I think diversity is a good thing. (Also, if the freebie is a morph, you'll have to morph her to show off the freebie.)
- Am I surrendering copyright to my image by posting it here?
- No, unless you choose to put your image into the public domain. But you are agreeing to license our use of the image.
- Do I have to make an image for just these figures?
- No, you don't need to stick to the theme. If you want to make images of props that is okay too.
- Should I watermark my images?
- That's up to you. If you want to describe your image without putting a watermark on it, you can add a caption to the image instead - the default information box has a "caption" field immediately under the "image" field.
- I forgot to mention something! Should I re-upload the image?
- No, just edit the File's page the way you would edit a description page, and add in what you forgot.
List the files or the freebie's pages here, please. I can find the uploaders' names from the upload logs, and I'll add your name if you don't mention it.
- Dollygirl uploaded File:AprilYSH-StephVskin UVS.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Snowsultan-Pop-n-Pose 100 partial Poses and Camera Sets.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Don albert-Leia Slave Poses.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Don albert-Elsa Poses.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Don albert-Country-Western Band.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Don albert-Bicycle Poses.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Childe-of-Fyre-Action Poses.png
- Dollygirl uploaded File:Zippo-10 Taichi poses for Vicky 1&2.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FMedievalDress.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FDance.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FBikini2PinUps174.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FClassyDress2.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FTshirtAndDress.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FDressA.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FBraxtyn.png
- Kerya uploaded File:StarDreamGown.png
- Kerya uploaded File:StarSteamDragonFantasySkin.png
- Kerya uploaded File:G8FBikini3.png
- Kerya uploaded File:A3ShukkysSpacesuit.png
- Kerya uploaded File:PreschoolGirl CaramelHair.png
- Kerya uploaded File:PreschoolBoots.png
- Kerya uploaded File:V3EarcuffMiranda.png
- Divamakeup uploaded File:Western_Outfit_for_Genesis_8_Female.png
- Divamakeup uploaded File:Zippered Leather Vest for G8F.png
- Divamakeup uploaded File:Zipped Body for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Female.png
- Divamakeup uploaded File:Zipped Catsuit for Genesis 8 Female.png
- Divamakeup uploaded File:Warrior Outfit for Genesis 8 Female.png
- Divamakeup uploaded File:EA Sidecut Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female wSubD 2.png
- Thank you for the third GC, Dollygirl!