This wiki is an index of resources that are legally available at no charge to the user and directly usable with the "Poser" and "Daz Studio" 3D-art software lines. No actual resources are made available at this website.
Why a Wiki?
Considering how many forums already have lists of free 3D-art content, why create a wiki?
- Anyone can update the wiki - there's no need to wait for a list maintainer to act.
- We can add images to the descriptions.
- This wiki is not bound by any one vendor's forum Terms of Service. We can list freebies that are hosted at all commercial sites.
- Links that the DAZ3D forums break can be posted properly here. (This only matters for people who use the DAZ3D forums.)
Of course, there are some disadvantages to a wiki.
- This is another place to visit. (This is only an issue for people who already read a particular forum to see what's new and free.)
- Anyone can maliciously update the site. (However, an admin can fix that by rolling a page back to an old version.)
- Somebody needs to run the wiki - but this doesn't have to be a single "somebody." The technical operation of this wiki is being handled by Miraheze, and the forum admins are robkelk and Kerya.
What Should Be Presented Here
Almost anything that is legally free to download and use in your own 3D art may be listed here. (See "What Shouldn't Be Presented Here" for the exceptions.)
This includes free software, free figures, free figure or face morphs, free props, free full-body, face, or hand poses, free hairdos, free light sets, free cameras, free material and texture sets, and free scenes.
What Shouldn't Be Presented Here
While we want images of the free items, we usually can't use the "official" images of the freebies because of copyright laws. Please make new images for this wiki.
While this wiki is not bound by any vendor's Terms of Service, it is bound by anti-obscenity laws. No nude renders and no listing of anything that sexualizes minors, please.
Paid models should only be listed if there are free resources that need the paid models.
If a resource cannot be used in Poser or Daz Studio (or with those programs, for free software), it shouldn't be listed here. If you aren't sure whether a particular file can be used in Poser or Daz Studio, check the File Formats page.
This is a site for listing legally-free 3D resources. Links to "warez" sites and torrents are not welcome here, to the point that posting such links is grounds for locking the poster's account indefinitely.
Again, this is a site for listing legally-free 3D resources - discussion of other topics should take place on more appropriate forums. (Your desire to exercise your freedom of speech places no obligation upon us to provide you with a venue.)
- If you need an excuse to make a render, this is one. If you created the free resource and the "official" image, of course you can re-use the image here - but remember that this wiki makes its content available under a CC:BY-SA license.