This is the list of free software that is usable with (or during) the 3D-art creation process. When we get enough entries in a particular group, we'll create a sub-page for the group, the way we have with Scripts.
3D Art Creation
Scripts now have their own page.
- CR2 Editor 1.51
- http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlutility.html#CR2Editor or http://mystic-nights.com/freebies/details.php?image_id=317
- Eye & Jaw Morph Fixer for Face Morphs
- The Eye & Jaw Morph Fixer will correct warped morphs exported from tools such as FaceGen Artist or HeadShop for Daz Studio 4.x. Tools like FaceGen Artist or HeadShop can create realistic face morphs, but they may warp the eyes, jaw, and tongue in the process. This tool will zero out the morph deltas for the eyes, jaw, and tongue, so they are no longer warped. The tool also keeps the original scale and centers of each eye. This tool is free! (Windows 32/64-bit)
- Geometry Stripper (Windows Application)
- pulls geometry out of a PP2 file, saves geometry as an OBJ file (or a set of OBJ files), and puts pointers to the OBJs in the PP2s.
- Windows software - batch image format converter
- MC6/MT5 to PZ2 Batch Converter
- Morph Manager 4
- http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlutility.html#MorphManager or http://mystic-nights.com/freebies/details.php?image_id=318
- OBJAction Mover
- Used for many older file encodings, especially against Poser 4 content OBJs. Limited to OBJ morphs only.
- https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=158 or http://mystic-nights.com/freebies/details.php?image_id=319
- Objaction Scaler 3c
- Objaction Scaler is a Windows tool which facilitates the transfer of .obj files between Poser and other 3D packages such as Studio Max and RDS5. Objects within Poser are much smaller than in other 3D packages, by a factor of around a thousand or so. This can lead to problems either with minuscule objects in Max and RDS5, or brobdingnagian objects in Poser. In either case bizarre results can arise when editing or manipulating the objects. The use of Objaction to either reduce or enlarge the object prior to transfer eliminates these problems.
- PoserPorter Import Export Utility
- Windows software - content installer/exporter
- RSR to PNG Converter
- Windows software - Converts RSR images in older freebies (and other products) to PNG images so they may be previewed in the library pane. Not necessary with Poser 8 or earlier, as they convert RSR automatically when the library folder is opened.
- RTEncoderPy for Mac
- DAZ Studio 4 Auto-Fit Tool
- FBX Plug-in for DAZ Studio
- GoZ for DAZ Studio
- Prefitter_CR2 - allows any hairdo for Victoria 4 or any clothing for Victoria 4 to be worn by Adwoman, Bella, Dawn, Miki 4, Pauline, or Roxie; requires Poser 11 Pro.
- Autodesk FBX Converter
- Model format-conversion software. Converts OBJ, DXF, DAE, and 3DS to or from FBX.
- MC6/MT5 to PZ2 Batch Converter
- Model format-conversion software. Import: PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, PTX, V3D, PTS, APTS, XYZ, GTS, TRI, ASC, X3D, X3DV, VRML, ALN - Export:PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, VRML, DXF, GTS, U3D, IDTF, X3D
- Model format-conversion software. Imports Wavefront (OBJ & MTL), 3D studio (3DS), LightWave (LWO), AutoCAD (DXF), POV-Ray 3.X mesh or mesh2, VRML (WRL, GZ), and Raw Triangle (RAW); exports Wavefront (OBJ & MTL) and many formats not directly usable by Poser or Daz Studio.
- Art of Illusion
- requires Java 6 or later (Windows or Linux) or OS X 10.6 or later (Mac)
- http://artofillusion.org/ OR https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoi/
- Blender Wiki: http://wiki.blender.org/
- FotoSketcher is a freeware program to turn photos (or renders) to paintings (landscapes, architecture, portraits, etc.) automatically. Over 20 different styles are available from pencil sketches to watercolor or oil paintings, pen & ink drawings and cartoons. Available in 32bit and 64bit versions.
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program is a freeware image-modification program, very useful for postwork.