User:Robkelk/sandbox/image creation party
Image Creation Party!
Gifts ... okay, a gift.
The wiki needs images. I'm declaring an Image Creation Party for the month of July 2018. The theme is "Victoria 4's Wardrobe". (We all have Victoria 4 or a V4 shape for Genesis, right?)
Here's how it works:
- Create an image for a Victoria 4 wardrobe freebie that doesn't yet have one.
- Upload the image that you created to the wiki.
- Add the image's name to the freebie's information box - where it says
| image =, add the file name (without the "File:" prefix) after the equals sign. (This is another reason why I chose V4's wardrobe - as of 18:00 UTC on July 1, each of the free wardrobe items that we have listed for Victoria 4 has its own page.)
- Optionally: Come back to this page and list the freebie's page in the "Entries" section below. All images uploaded between 2 July 2018 and 3 August 2018 qualify for the party, even if they aren't listed here!
I promised a gift: On August 4, I'll pick one upload at random, and whoever created and uploaded that image gets a $US25 gift certificate/card/voucher at the uploader's choice of Renderosity, DAZ3D, or Fantasies Realm. (It doesn't look like Content Paradise or Vanishing Point sell gift cards - but if they do and you can tell me how to buy one, add them to the list.)
The random factor for this choice will be supplied by RANDOM.ORG. This is not a contest.
Special: If you know of a free wardrobe item for Victoria 4 that doesn't have a page here, and you make a page and an image for that freebie, I'll list your entry twice on the list that I'll make my random choice from!
--Robkelk (talk) 18:35, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
Copied from the "Page Needing Image" category:
- Please remember the guidelines we have in place so we don't end up in court:
- Make a new image; don't steal the official one or anyone else's work. (There's no problem with you re-using your own work, of course, but remember this wiki offers its content with a CC-BY/SA license by default. Also, if the resource creator gives permission to re-use an image, it's okay to re-use it as long as you link back to that permission on the image file page; see File:Lehair.jpg for an example of how to do this.)
- No nudity.
- No sexualization of minors.
For this party, please do not copy the official image even if it's permitted. This party is for new images.
--Robkelk (talk) 19:09, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
Because of the hardware changed carried out by the wiki's host in early July, the random choice will be pushed back by three days; it will now be made on August 4. --Robkelk (talk) 21:16, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
As I add this on August 3, I see that we've had quite a few image contributions - 52, plus any more that anyone might upload today - and a few new wiki members, too! I'll let RANDOM.ORG give me a number tomorrow, then I'll be in touch with whoever uploaded the matching image. --Robkelk (talk) 13:05, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
Thank you, everyone who participated in the Image Creation Party! We'll have to do this again some time - but not in August, and with a figure other than V4.
I ordered the image uploads by their upload date and time, with the most recent upload on August 3 as "1" and the upload on July 2 as "52". RANDOM.ORG gave me the number 36 - Media:Assassin 21-Assassin's Peasant Pants.png, by Dollygirl.
Until next time...
--Robkelk (talk) 14:40, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
I'll add answers as I get questions.
- How big should the image be?
- I usually make images 500 pixels wide and as tall as they need to be. (A render of a full-body stocking will probably be taller than a render of a pair of earrings, so there's no limit on an image's height.) The information box will scale the image to 250 pixels wide, but the larger image shows more detail. The maximum, if I recall correctly, is somewhere near 2000 pixels wide.
- What format should I use?
- We use both PNG and JPG - either is good. If you want to show an animation (for example, a dynamic wardrobe item moving to match an animated pose), GIF is the only option.
- Can I use a morphed V4?
- Sure, why not? Young or old; fat or thin; tall or short; black, white, olive, swarthy, or some other skin colour; human or not - I think diversity is a good thing.
- Am I surrendering copyright to my image by posting it here?
- No, unless you choose to put your image into the public domain. But you are agreeing to license our use of the image.
- Do I have to make an image for V4's wardrobe?
- No, you don't need to stick to the theme. We already have at least one image of wardrobe for Star!
- Should I watermark my images?
- That's up to you. If you want to describe your image without putting a watermark on it, you can add a caption to the image instead - the default information box has a "caption" field immediately under the "image" field.
List the freebie's pages here, please. I can find the uploaders' names from the upload logs, and I'll add your name if you don't mention it.
- Cortigiana (by Kerya)
- Glitter (Jan19) (by Kerya)
- Heavens Dorr (by Kerya)
- Bflyhoop (by Kerya)
- Actionspec Shades (by Rrkknight3)
- Elf Dress (by Kerya)
- Bell P-63 Kingcobra (by Glaseye)
- G8F Sweet Spring Dress (by Glaseye)
- Grumman F9F Cougar (by Glaseye)
- McDonnell F2H Banshee (by Glaseye)
- Flame (by Kerya)
- FREE BELLE HAT SMART PROP, Victoria 4 T-Shirt and Barefoot In BlueJeans (one picture for all of them by Kerya)
- Cargo Pant V4 (by Dollygirl)
- Peasant Pants (by Dollygirl)
- SchoolSkirt (by Mephoria)
- Airforce sunglasses (by Rrkknight3)
- HipJeans (by Dollygirl)
- Leafy Boots (by Dollygirl)
- Westland Lysander Mk I / III (by Glaseye)
- Vought F-8 Crusader (by Glaseye)
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 (by Glaseye)
- Akina V4 (by Kerya)
- Masquerade for V4 (by Kerya)
- SummerLight For V4/A4 (by Kerya)
- Dornier Do 335 (by Glaseye)
- Aella Outfit for V4 (by Kerya)
- Dae Warrior (by Kerya)
- GMC Collar and Bracelets (by Kerya)
- Forest Princess Armband (by Kerya)
- JingleHat (by Kerya)
- Isotope Outfit for V4 (by Dollygirl)
- the Wintere V4 (by Dollygirl)
- Bridal Dress for V4 (by Dollygirl)
- Lil BlackOne for V4 (by Dollygirl)
- TwiggyDress (by Dollygirl)
- Cosplay Costume 5 for V4 (by Dollygirl)
- Cosplay costume 7 for V4 and A4 (by Dollygirl)
- Vicky 4's Dress Up Chest (by Kerya)
- 00-04--Horn by d-jpp-update (by Kerya)
- Natu 3 (by Kerya)
- Godiva (by Kerya)