- 1 A barnstar for you!
- 2 Fix for at least part of the current editing problem
- 3 This should go on a Hair page, but which one?
- 4 Going for Hair Textures
- 5 You should now have a new option when viewing a page's History
- 6 Welcome Back!
- 7 I just changed your user rights
- 8 Can you fill in the add-ons for this hairdo?
- 9 Why did you make the changes on Unimesh Female 3/Materials and Shaders?
- 10 Thanks for fixing that typo
- 11 PFDLives is closing
- 12 I just changed your rights again
- 13 I hope this doesn't happen, but...
- 14 Just so you know...
- 15 I got an email saying Antonia is available at Fantasy Attic
- 16 Do you recognize this braided twin-tail hairdo?
- 17 I just made a new page template, as an experiment
- 18 A barnstar for you!
- 19 Thank you for helping with the animal pics
- 20 Thank you for helping with the animal page
- 21 Send me an email, please!
- 22 Somebody seems to be erasing Ramworks links.
- 23 Question about Foot Clan /Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 24 Half Pants Found
- 25 How to approve a user
- 26 Cookie Elfshoes
- 27 TARDIS "Secondary Console Room"
- 28 2020 Image Creation Party - Gift card draws
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For contributing your freebie list to fill the entire Hair freebie category, I award you the Tireless Contributor Barnstar! Robkelk (talk) 15:14, 31 August 2014 (BST)|
Fix for at least part of the current editing problem
This should go on a Hair page, but which one?
I found a goodie that isn't listed on the obvious Hair pages, but I'm not sure where it should go... Cookie Hair Mats - Universal Version
"Just a quick update to the Original Cookie Mats. These will allow the hair textures that come with Cookie to be used on the Koshini Hair Refits and on 3dZone's Hair props."
Going for Hair Textures
I am going for Hair Textures ... there are Hair shaders and whatsits too.
Another thing I am stumbling over - I don't know how to rename a category.
cr2 and hr2 conforming and prop hair - I want to rename to cr2, hr2 and duf conforming and prop hair
as there are some DazStudio hairs now too.
--Kerya 9 October 2014
- We can't rename categories - we have to create a new category, change all the pointers to the old category, then delete the old category. (That's why it took so long to rename "Characters" to "Figures".) --Robkelk (talk) 13:10, 9 October 2014 (BST) OH! Renaming a page is easier. The line of options along the top of each page (View, Edit, and so on) includes a down-arrow - click on that, and select "Move". Then move the page from the old name to the new name. Make sure the option to leave a redirect is selected, so old links don't break. --Robkelk (talk) 13:13, 9 October 2014 (BST)
Yay! That worked! :) Thank you! --Kerya 10 Ocotober 2014
You should now have a new option when viewing a page's History
I've just given you "rollback" rights - this should let you revert a page to a previous version. We haven't had malicious spammers who replace existing pages with their text yet, but if we do, this lets you undo the damage with a couple of mouse clicks. --Robkelk (talk) 20:56, 17 November 2014 (GMT)
Thank you! Let's just hope it doesn't come to that ... --Kerya 18 November 2014
I trust you with this amount of power - you haven't gotten into any "edit wars" with anyone, so you know (or act like you know) how wikis are supposed to work. And it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. --Robkelk (talk) 14:47, 18 November 2014 (GMT)
We-eelll - as you can see from my formatting struggles, I have no wiki knowledge at all. But I am a peaceful being. :) --Kerya 19 November 2014
Thank you! I can see the hard time you have to get rid of those spammers ... *insert eyeroll* Poor Rob! --Kerya 21 November 2014
Hi! Thank you so much for doing all that work! --Kerya 21 September 2015
By the way: how do I turn the text for a figure blue when I created the page? --Kerya 21 September 2015
I just changed your user rights
- I sure hope I don't need them, but I am flattered! --Kerya 6 July 2016
Can you fill in the add-ons for this hairdo?
I have no idea which "bun hair" textures and refits apply to Free Bun Hair, other than the Maddie refit that I've already listed. This bun hairdo is the one with pearls, from The3dZone, for A3. Could you fill in the add-ons, please? --Robkelk (talk) 23:00, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Only one texture I know of ... added! --Kerya 30 July 2016
Why did you make the changes on Unimesh Female 3/Materials and Shaders?
Hello Kerya! Why did you make the changes on Unimesh Female 3/Materials and Shaders? The links that you removed still appear to be good, and the page doesn't include textures designed for A3. --Robkelk (talk) 12:18, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- The only thing I did was add the "Or you can copy the SkinLeg material to the SkinKnee, SkinThigh and a SkinShin material zones manually in the Poser Material Room or in the DazStudio Surface tab." text, which was the wrong place to add it anyway. It applies to using other Gen3 textures on A3. I really don't know how the links got removed. Rolled back ... --Kerya 01 September 2016
Thanks for fixing that typo
Kerya, thank you for fixing that spelling error in the page I made earlier this week.
If I make another mistake like that in the future, there's an easier way to fix it: click on "More" at the top of the page, then click on "Move" in the menu that pops up. You'll get a screen letting you rename the page. --Robkelk (talk) 14:37, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for that information! I couldn't find a way to fix the error in the pagename ... this helps! --Kerya 14 January 2017
PFDLives is closing
I'm adding this to the Talk pages of all active users, including myself. Since my Talk page has become the de facto chat page for the wiki, please reply there.
PFDLives has announced that they're most likely closing on August 1: http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8235.0 - login required to view
Maybe, if they can get enough donations, they can remain open longer ... but the domain name is only registered until 2018.
This means all of the freebies on pfdlives.com will either be moving or disappearing. (Some of those freebies are listed here, but not all of them.)
Please, spread the word about this ... and help ensure that any freebie not behind a login is saved in the Wayback Machine.
I just changed your rights again
I just gave you "bureaucrat" rights - that's the ability to give other people rights, or take them away. I'm not planning on disappearing, but I am planning a longer-than-usual vacation this summer...
You now have the ability to keep the wiki going if anything goes wrong, except for the wiki software itself. If you need help and I'm not around, User:Labster at Miraheze Meta might be able to help (at least to the extent of pointing you at the right person who can help); he's an on-line acquaintance of mine, so mention my name if you need to ask him for help. --Robkelk (talk) 13:07, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you, I hope I don't need it! My Wiki knowledge is still wonky. Have fun on your vacation! --Kerya (talk) 21 April 2017
I hope this doesn't happen, but...
I've been in a discussion with the Miraheze administrators over on one of the other wikis hosted by Miraheze about their actions there, and the discussion is beginning to get heated. If I suddenly stop posting for a few days, send me an email - you still have my address, I hope - and ask whether my account has been globally locked by the Miraheze administrators. If my account does get locked, you'll be the only admin left here. --Robkelk (talk) 20:26, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Further information has been presented to me about this. We still disagree on the matter, but I am not currently at risk of having my account locked. False alarm... I hope. --Robkelk (talk) 13:14, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
- I hope everything works out peacefully! --Kerya (talk) 24 May 2017
- So do I! At this point, I think we're past the shouting and into the stage where we start seeing each other's points of view. (fingers crossed) --Robkelk (talk) 11:15, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- I hope everything works out peacefully! --Kerya (talk) 24 May 2017
Just so you know...
- I'm back... --Robkelk (talk) 21:44, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- Welcome back! I hope you had a nice vacation! --Kerya (talk) 20 July 2017
I got an email saying Antonia is available at Fantasy Attic
- Found and added as fourth URL. :o) --Kerya (talk) 8 February 2018
Do you recognize this braided twin-tail hairdo?
Hi, Kerya! The DAZ3D store suggested today that I might like Trefoil Eavan V4 Bundle (The store was right.) However, the bundle doesn't include the hairdo that Eavan is wearing in the main promo picture. I've been looking for waist-length braided twin-tails for a while... would you happen to recognize the hairdo, or be able to suggest an alternate for it? --Robkelk (talk) 17:53, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
- Looks like I am still quite good at recognizing hair: Autumn Winds Hair Have fun!
- --Kerya (talk) 11 March 2018
I just made a new page template, as an experiment
Hi Kerya! I just created a new-page template for characters for V4 by Syltermermaid. The next time you see a new V4 character from Syltermermaid, could you give it a try, please? --Robkelk (talk) 17:07, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Found it https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/MediaWiki:SyltermermaidTemplate and used it - it works! (Sorry for adding the link, it just makes it easier for me to find it in the future) --Kerya (talk) 25 April 2018
- Excellent! Now that I know this one works, I might make a few more templates for some other creators. (Wilmap, perhaps.) --Robkelk (talk) 16:47, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- I've made one for Wilmap, and got a little bit fancy. I set it up so that you don't need to enter the resource name; it will take the name from the wiki page name. You don't need to save the links to these templates - they're available on the "create this page" page, in the dropdown menu under "Select boilerplate". --Robkelk (talk) 19:49, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|Thanks for all the links that you add almost every day! Robkelk (talk) 19:39, 14 May 2018 (UTC)|
Thank you for helping with the animal pics
- Thank you for organizing and creating pages for individual items - that is something I am not so good at (creating lists is fine ... LOL). And an additional thank you for the "Pages with no image" section. It helps to find things to render. Kerya (talk) 04:20, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for helping with the animal page
Thank you Keyra for cleaning up the animal page and adding the pictures. The page looks really good. I do need to finish it up and get the dinosaurs and invertebrates finished. Then work on the galleries for each group. --Dollygirl (talk) 13:53, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- You're welcome - I just followed your trail ... looking at what changes you made and deciding: that looks really nice, I am going to add those dividers to the rest of the tables. Thank you for your work! Kerya (talk) 08:02, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
Send me an email, please!
Thanks for taking part in the Image Creation Party 2019 - you helped to make it a big success!
Good news: you get second choice of the gifts! Once GafftheHorse gets back to me, I might be asking whether you want the $50 gift card from DAZ3D or a $25 gift certificate from somewhere else. Either way, I doubt you want the code posted where anybody can read it, so... send me an email, please.
- GafftheHorse chose a Renderosity gift certificate, so... Kerya, do you want a $50 GC form Daz or a $25 gift certificate from somewhere else? --Robkelk (talk) 18:45, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- I consider removing content without explanation to be vandalizing the wiki. I've blocked that IP address from editing the wiki. Thanks for catching this and letting us know. --Robkelk (talk) 13:13, 20 April 2020 (UTC)
Question about Foot Clan /Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Hi! Thank you for your editing and creating pages for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You added a link to * Foot Clan, but that page doesn't exist???
- I felt that the existing link, to only one or two of joequick's totally awesome products, did not do the subject justice. There's no Foot Clan page yet, but the easiest way to make a new page on this wiki is to make a link to it and follow that link to the editor. I'll try to set up a TMNT promo image for the Genesis set, too.
Half Pants Found
Found sione Half pants if you want to add them. https://web.archive.org/web/20060822204905/http://blueplum.sakura.ne.jp/sazanami/aiko.htm --Dollygirl (talk) 19:27, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
How to approve a user
Hi Kerya! Here's how to approve a user, if you do it right. You can mess up a user if you do it wrong. You can give a user rights to do anything if you do it very wrong... so please be careful with this.
- Go to Special:RecentChanges
- Find a line that shows the user made a change.
- On that line, you should see the username, followed by "(talk | contribs | block)". Select "contribs"
- Let the page load. At the top of the page, immediately under "User contributions", you should see the username followed by a long list of options. Select "user rights management".
- Let the new page load. You are now on a page where you can break the wiki for this user, so be very careful what you do. Read everything on the page before doing anything.
- There are two lists of check boxes: "Groups you cannot change" and "Groups you can change". Under "Groups you can change", check "confirmed user" and "autopatrolled". Leave everything else unchecked.
- Type in a reason in the "reason" box, if you want. Whatever you type in will be saved forever and visible on this page whenever anybody loads it.
- Tap the "Save user groups" button.
Hi Kerya, I don't know if you saw that the elfshoes are included in the zip, the creator mentions Cookie being available at Rdna (They need to update that to say available at Daz). The Zip also includes a texture for the Summer Style Dress by The3dZone, the Summer Style Dress I can't find anywhere. Stoic (talk) 14:20, 24 July 2020 (UTC)
- I did some rearranging of the area of page so it might help. --Dollygirl (talk) 16:49, 24 July 2020 (UTC)
TARDIS "Secondary Console Room"
I got a note that you'd added Dodger's Second Console Room to the Doctor WHO Wiki, somewhat uncertain of where to put it. I don't see your edits on the page, but I've already added it under TARDIS interiors.
- Thank you - if I don't know where to put something, I am only using the Discussion page ... Kerya (talk) 05:23, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
2020 Image Creation Party - Gift card draws
Hi Kerya! Out of the three draws for this year's Image Creation Party, I drew two images that you rendered... which is why I drew a fourth image. But according to what I posted before the party, you get two GCs. Do you want $25 GCs at two different stores, or a $50 GC at one store? --Robkelk (talk) 13:49, 1 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Rob! I am absolutely happy with one $25 GC! I won something! Happy dance!
- If we do this next year again, I think we should include a sentence that each person can win only one GC. At least I think so. What do you think?
- Let me ponder until tomorrow about which store, please? I should shut down my computer now, life outside the computer happens. LOL
- Kerya (talk) 14:05, 1 August 2020 (UTC)